The Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) in Technology degree program prepares students for managerial careers in technical fields. This program offers a seamless transition from an associates of applied arts and sciences degree in technical fields earned from community colleges to a bachelor’s degree. Up to 85 semester hours may be transferred into the program, and the remaining courses may be completed online.
The BAAS in Technology requires the completion of 120 semester hours. The BAAS in Technology degree is designed to meet the following student needs:
- Persons that hold an Associate of Applied Sciences (AAS) degree in a technical track (e.g. Information Technology, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing, Computer Aided Design, Construction Technology, Industrial Technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Persons that have completed at least 65 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of 35 semester hours in general education and at least 30 semester hours in a career, technical or vocational discipline. The ideal candidate for the BAAS in Technology degree is someone that has completed all of the general education and career courses required (85 semester hours) prior to entering the BAAS program at A&M-Commerce.
- Persons who have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Persons who have the ability to take courses online. Thirty-six (36) upper level semester hours of the BAAS in Technology degree are required to be completed through online instruction provided by Texas A&M University-Commerce.
The BAAS in Technology degree program addresses the following educational objectives:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and techniques within an organization.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills.
- Function effectively in a dynamic, data-driven environment.
- Recognize and discuss organizational management and leadership practices across different industry sectors.
- Engage in decision making processes governed by personal and organizational values and ethics.
Students that achieve these educational objectives will be prepared to:
- Acquire leadership and management positions in their career field.
- Pursue an online Master of Science in Technology Management degree with Texas A&M University-Commerce.
|BAAS 345||Leadership Techniques||3|
|BAAS 351||Planning, Budgeting, and Decision Making||3|
|BAAS 445||Ethical Decision Making||3|
|ECO 302||Business and Economic Statistics||3|
|TMGT 303||Technical Communications||3|
|TMGT 311||Environmental and Safety Management||3|
|TMGT 350||Principles of Technology Management||4|
|TMGT 351||GLB/Organizational Behavior||3|
|TMGT 358||Essentials of Project Management||3|
|TMGT 444||Decision Theory||3|
|MGT 301||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|MGT 340||Quality Management and Improvement||3|
Print or Download a PDF of this page