The Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) degree at Texas A&M University-Commerce requires the completion of 120 semester hours. The BAAS degree is designed to meet the following student needs:
- Persons that hold an Associate (college track) degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Persons that hold an Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences (technical track) degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Persons that have completed at least 65 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of 35 semester hours in general education and at least 30 semester hours in a career, technical or vocational discipline. The ideal candidate for the BAAS degree is someone that has completed all of the general education and career courses required (85 semester hours) prior to entering the BAAS program at A&M-Commerce.
- Persons who have an overall GPA of at least 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
- Persons who have the ability to take courses online. Thirty-six (36) upper level semester hours of the BAAS degree are required to be completed through instruction provided by Texas A&M University-Commerce. The 12 courses comprising the “Professional Development” component of the BAAS degree will be offered online.
The BAAS degree program addresses the following educational objectives:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and techniques within an organization.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills.
- Function effectively in a dynamic, data-driven environment.
- Recognize and discuss organizational management and leadership practices across different industry sectors.
- Engage in decision making processes governed by personal and organizational values and ethics.
Students that achieve these educational objectives will be prepared to:
- Acquire leadership and management positions in their career field.
- Pursue an online Master of Science in Technology Management degree with Texas A&M University-Commerce.
|BAAS 301||Pathways, Pupose, Exploration and Career||3|
|BAAS 303||Professional Communications||3|
|BAAS 326||Exploring Spreadsheets||3|
|BAAS 345||Leadership Techniques||3|
|TMGT 350||Principles of Technology Management||4|
|BAAS 351||Planning, Budgeting, and Decision Making||3|
|TMGT 358||Essentials of Project Management||3|
|BAAS 408||Problem Solving with Databases||3|
|BAAS 443||Professional Standards||3|
|BAAS 445||Ethical Decision Making||3|
|Environmental and Safety Management|
|Organizational Dynamics and Diversity |
|Capstone: Designing Your Future As An Innovative Leader|
A grade of “C” or higher must be earned in all course in this Major with the exception of the technical or vocational career field a grade of "D"is acceptable.
Print or Download a PDF of this page