Student Services

Click on any of the following links for information:

Areas of student services and activities at A&M-Commerce are organized and administered by the Office of Student Access and Success. Included in the components are the following:

Campus Life & Student Success Programs and Service

Campus Life & Student Success supports the University’s mission by providing support services and student development programming to assist students in having a personal educational experience through cultural and social opportunities, to encourage undergraduate and graduate students to become life-long learners, and to discover and disseminate knowledge for leadership and service.

Vice President for Student Success and Dean of Students

Located on the second floor of the McDowell Administration building, the Vice President for Student Success and Dean of Students is responsible for supporting the goals of the University as the senior student affairs officer by providing vision, leadership and supervision for personnel, facilities, programs, and other resources to ensure an atmosphere conducive to the holistic development of students.

Student Rights & Responsibilities

Located in the Halladay Student Services building Suite 201, Student Rights and Responsibilities fosters learning and personal accountability by educating the University community on behaviors that promote civility and ethical standards. The office addresses behavioral misconduct, provides a resource for students concerning their rights and responsibilities and provides assistance to faculty, staff and students regarding student conduct matters. For more information about Student Rights and Responsibilities, please visit:

Behavioral Intervention Team

The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is an advisory group to the Dean of Students that is focused on students of concern and students in crisis. The focus of BIT is to focus on prevention and timely intervention before a crisis arises. The office addresses issues of both undergraduate and graduate student populations. For more information about the BIT, please visit:

Student Guidebook

Students are informed about their student rights and responsibilities primarily through the Student Code of Conduct which is produced by the Office of the Dean of Students annually. The Code of Student Conduct is applicable to every student enrolled at the University, whether the student is in residence, participating in study abroad, or completing coursework at an off-site location or online. Each student is expected to be fully acquainted with and held responsible for compliance with all published University policies. The student guidebook is available online to all students, faculty and staff. Limited hard copies of the guidebook are available in the Office of the Dean of Students and in the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities.

Student Health Services

Located in Henderson Hall, the Health Services office offers affordable health care to undergraduate and graduate students of A&M-Commerce.  Some of the primary Health care services include acute injuries, allergy injections, birth control, EKG's, immunizations, flu shots, TB testing, labs, minor surgical procedures, physical exams, splints, STD/STI testing and treatment, stitches, women's health, wound care, x-rays, and health related presentations and workshops. Student Health Services can be reached at 903-886-5853.

Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement

The State of Texas has passed a law (SB 62) that requires all first-time freshman and transfer students who wish to live in campus residence halls or apartments to have a vaccination against bacterial meningitis.  All first-time freshmen and transfer students wishing to live on campus after October 1, 2013, must provide the following before moving into campus housing:

  1. Certification from physician evidencing that the student has been vaccinated at least ten (10) days prior to moving into the residence halls; or
  2. An affidavit or a certificate from a physician stating that the vaccination would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student or stating that the vaccination has been declined for reasons of conscience.  Contact Residential Living and Learning for help obtaining the affidavit. 

Counseling Center

The Counseling Center provides free mental health and wellbeing services to currently enrolled University students. Counselors are available to listen, lend support, and help students meet the daily challenges of college life. Programs and services are offered that will help to maximize students' potential for academic and personal success. Individual, couples, and group counseling is available face to face or by teletherapy in Texas. We also provide consultation and referral, educational outreach, and crisis intervention including after-hours and weekends. Psychiatric evaluation and medication management is available for students utilizing counseling services. Legal advising services is provided by a licensed attorney and scheduled by appointment. The Counseling Center is a warm and welcoming environment. Confidentiality is respected and counseling records are not included as part of a student's academic record. For more information about services or to schedule an appointment, come by the Counseling Center in the Halladay Student Services Building, #203, or call 903-886-5145. We encourage all students to take advantage of the services the Counseling Center has to offer. Our mission is to support, connect, and empower!

Residential Living and Learning

Located in the Halladay Student Services building, Residential Living and Learning (RLL) is committed to the educational philosophy of Texas A&M University–Commerce and promotes the unique, personal development of each resident by providing them with a safe, secure, and reasonably priced living/learning environment. Each residence hall offers activities and events that engage the student in their living communities as well as the University community. Special Living and Learning Communities (LLCs) are also offered within various residence halls and apartments: Honors College, Regents Scholars, African American Male Mentorship Program, Latino American Mentorship Program, Sista2Sista, Mujeres de Accion, Lions in Leadership, STEM, Women in AG, Thrive, Studio 360, Well-being and Transfer House.  Residential Living and Learning serves both undergraduate and graduate students, single and with family. Contact RLL at 903-886-5797.

Children’s Learning Center

The nationally accredited, four-star designated Children's Learning Center is located on campus and serves children six weeks to five years of age.  The CLC also offers an after-school and summer KID CAMP program for children ages 6-12 years of age.  The Children's Learning Center provides the latest in curricula and educational play experiences and offers a Nature Learning Environment, which allows for gardening, classes outside and learning about nature.  The CLC prides itself on exceptional, quality care in an academic environment.  903-886-5769

Campus Recreation

The mission of Campus Recreation is to educate, connect, and inspire people to lifelong activity and well being.  We offer a variety of ways to be physically active and improve your well being.  Most students pay a Recreation Center fee in their tuition that covers the costs of these opportunities. Over a dozen intramural sports are offered every semester ranging from basketball, flag football, and volleyball, to tennis, cricket, and table tennis.  Club sports are organized by students and they practice and compete against other universities on a regional and national level, with opportunities such as fishing and table tennis. With over 20 different group fitness sessions offered every week, you can find ways to stay active with Zumba, yoga, cycling, strength training, etc.  Outdoor adventure opportunities are also offered with trips around the region to hike, bike, kayak, rock climb, and much more.  In addition to these programs, students can come to the Morris Recreation Center (MRC) to play basketball, volleyball, racquetball and many other sports. The MRC also includes weight and cardio rooms, activity room, outdoor leisure pool, and an indoor rock wall. Check out all these options and more on the Campus Recreation website: or by calling 903-468-3181.

Student Disability Services

Texas A&M University–Commerce is committed to promoting an academic, recreational, and social experience for students with disabilities that is fully inclusive and accessible. Students with disabilities at A&M-Commerce are encouraged to participate in all aspects of campus life. Student Disability Services (SDS) offers academic and housing accommodations, disability-related resources, and access to adaptive technology.

All students with disabilities who need accommodations must file an application for eligibility, as well as provide current documentation of disability. Applications can be completed in the SDS office or online at


Phone: 903.886.5150


Location: Velma K. Waters Library | Room 162

Student Engagement

The Office of Student Engagement creates student centered experiences for purposeful and meaningful development of all students.  We provide transformative experiences that contribute to student success, in an inclusive environment while fostering meaningful student engagement.  Our programs include over 140 student organizations, Student Government Associations, Campus Activities Board, Lion’s Roar Weeks of Welcome, Homecoming and Fraternity and Sorority life.  We are here to help student’s make the most out of their college experience. To learn more, visit our website at

Phone: (903) 468-5811
Location: Rayburn Student Center 2nd Floor

Office of International Programs

Phone (903) 886-5097, Fax (903) 468-3200

The Office of International Programs (OIP) offers assistance to international students and exchange visitors in regards to academic, personal, and immigration-related concerns and refers them to other services (on and off campus) as needed. Services include issuance of I-20 and DS-2019 documents, new international student orientation, and coordination of special activities for international students and scholars. Other services include liaison with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), formerly known as the INS, regarding nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors, reentry authorization for traveling outside the United States, employment authorization, and extension of stay. The office is located in the Ferguson Building, 2nd floor, Rooms 220 & 221.  E-mail

Veterans & Military Services

Located in The Welcome Center at 2200 Campbell Street, the Veterans and Military Services Office administers Veterans’ Administration educational benefit programs for veterans and their dependents who may be eligible to receive benefits under any one of several programs. Applications and further information are available in the Veterans and Military Services Office or by calling 903-886-5123.

Career Development

Career Development provides a number of programs and services throughout the year for students as they prepare for a successful transition into their careers.  The Career Development Department develops relationships with employers resulting in career opportunities for students and alumni, while providing quality career preparation tools to develop the essential skills needed to compete in the job market.  Programs include various events throughout the year including career and internship fairs, workshops, speaker panels, and networking events.

Services available to all students include:



Contact Career Development at 903-468-3223 or or visit us in the Library, Suite 225.

Financial Aid & Scholarship Office

(903) 886-5096

Graduate students who have full or conditional admission to a graduate degree program or a teacher certification program may be eligible for several forms of financial aid. These programs include the Texas Public Education Grant, Graduate Tuition Set_Aside, College Work-Study, the TEACH GRANT federal direct student loan programs, and private education.  Departmental scholarships are available for admitted graduate students with a high GPA.  Admitted students can apply for donor funded scholarships through their myLEO portal.  Graduate Teaching and Research Assistantship appointments are done by the individual departments and approved through the Provost Office.  Graduate students should contact the department directly for Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant appointments.  The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships is located in the Welcome Center, with financial aid advisors located within each of the colleges.


Financial aid recipients must be enrolled in no less than 6 credit hours for most financial aid programs to pay out.  There are two exceptions to this requirement.  Students who are eligible for TEACH GRANT can receive this grant for less than 6 credit hours.  The amount will be prorated before the money is released to the Office of Student Accounts.  Students registered in the 3 credit hour dissertation 718 course can receive financial aid at the same level as if enrolled in 6 credit hours. 


Students must maintain a minimum GPA for the semester and for the cumulative institutional GPA. Students must complete a minimum number of hours based on the attempted hours at the start of a semester.  For specific information please visit our web site; Financial Aid Standard of Progress.

Withdrawal Consequences for Financial Aid

When a student who is receiving Federal Financial Aid withdraws from a semester, the Financial Aid Office is required by the Department of Education to perform a Return to Title IV calculation.  This Return to Title IV calculation is used to determine how much Federal Financial Aid the student had earned prior to the withdrawal using the student’s last day of academic engagement.  If the calculation determines that the student has participated in over 60% of the semester, the student has earned all of their Federal Financial Aid for the semester.

If the calculation determines that the student has not participated in over 60% of the semester, then the Financial Aid Office is required to return any unearned Federal Financial Aid to the Department of Education.  This return of Federal funding may result in a balance due to the university and the student would be required to pay this amount to the university.

Withdrawing from the semester may either place students on a Financial Aid Warning or a Financial Aid Suspension, depending on their current Satisfactory Academic Progress status.  A student who is considering withdrawing is encouraged to contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for additional information.

Students may visit the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships website for the most up-to-date information on financial aid and scholarships.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

The Higher Education Amendment Act of 1965, as amended, mandates institutions of higher education to establish a minimum standard of “Satisfactory Academic Progress” for students receiving financial aid.

For additional information visit the Office of Financial Aid website at Financial Aid.

Print or Download a PDF of this page