The Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) is a degree available through the College of Science and Engineering at Texas A&M University-Commerce. The degree provides maximum flexibility for students who have well-defined career objectives and wish to determine the content of their degree rather than pursue one of the established majors at A&M-Commerce. The degree program includes general education requirements and an area of concentration but not a specific major.
The specific objectives of the General Studies degree are to provide courses of study, opportunities, and experiences to assist students in the following ways:
- Prepare students to enter a career requiring broad and in-depth knowledge and skills.
- Allow students to obtain a flexible, general college education with major and minor emphasis areas.
- Prepare students to enter professional schools or graduate programs in other disciplines.
- Offer a degree option to students with new interests or those changing their majors late in their academic careers.
- Assist students in career planning and in the transition into the workforce.
|BGS 401||GLB/Ceaseless Industry - Glob||3|
|BGS 402||Research-Fearless Investigation||3|
|BGS 403||Sustainability-Unfettered Thought||3|
|BGS 404||Diversity-Unselfish Service to Others||3|